Monday, February 8, 2010

Biggest spool of yarn I've ever seen




I am making another baby blanket, this time with a size Q hook. My mom found it in her crochet bag from years ago, and I had to make something with it. Because the hook is so big I am using 3 strands of yarn...which proved to be a big pain, unraveling 3 skeins (1 lb each) at the same time... (many tangles) So I had the great idea to put them all together on a paper towel roll. After not even half of it was rolled on there wasnt any more room.. so I thought... WRAPPING PAPER ROLL! And using a power drill to rotate the roll, we got all of the yarn on. Its still semi-tangled on the roll... so it will be challenging (next time i will roll right from the beginning and not after I already started the project... and also we will use PVC pipe instead of a flimsy wrapping paper roll! Its pretty funny looking though!

No comments:

Post a Comment